Tamarind Divers is a PADI Dive Resort (S-25460) located at Villa Wayan in Tamarind Beach, Nusa Lembongan. We opened in May 2016 and have a wealth of expertise within our team of instructors and divemasters, who together have more than 20 years of diving experience in the waters around Nusa Lembongan, Ceningan and Penida.
Tamarind Divers is a small, locally owned dive center. Our aim is to provide a personalised diving experience, with small groups whose individual diving needs can be satisfied.
We offer the full range of PADI courses from first-time introductory divers through to PADI Divemaster. As avid scuba divers and marine conservationists, our goal is to share our contagious passion for the ocean with every guest.
Safety and protection of the marine environment are our top priorities. Safety requires knowledge, skills, practice, investment in equipment, and constant maintenance and improvement. We take no shortcuts. When you choose Tamarind Divers, you can be confident that you will dive with the latest equipment and one of the most safety conscious operators in Nusa Lembongan. All our guides and support team and trained in Oxygen provision, Primary Care (CPR) and Secondary Care (1st Aid).
We participate in the Reefcheck Research Program conducted by the Coral Triangle Center to collect the data needed to halt the decline of the world’s fragile reef environment and actively support PADI’s Project AWARE foundation.
Our Approach to Diving
- Guarantee small groups of never more than four divers per instructor/guide
- Provide detailed safety briefings, including a map of each dive site with explanations of local currents, depth, dive computer use, dive profile, separation procedures and dive boat orientation
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct for manta ray & mola encounters
- Offer student focussed training and teach to PADI standards
- Are truly passionate about diving and our owners are part of the dive team
- Carry on our dive boats the latest, most comprehensive equipment, including emergency oxygen, first aid kits, lifejackets, VHF radio, and mobile phones
- Actively support the Coral Triangle Center and locally based Lembongan Marine Association